Ed is Head of Training and leads on ensuring our training offerings across the Cornwall Insight group capture the latest market developments and are tailored to meet customer requirements, be it new starters to the sector or advanced level training on areas of complexity. He is also responsible for overseeing our customer’s bespoke and in-house training needs, which can be delivered on-site or remotely via videoconferencing. Ed works with the rest of the business to expand our knowledge sharing service, including the provision of advice and learning to overseas clients looking to establish a presence in GB or Ireland or in emerging markets where clients wish to understand the pros and cons of GB and Ireland’s experience of liberalising energy markets since the 1980s. At Cornwall Insight, Ed has:
- Led the development of our sector leading training service
- Headed up the consultancy team and worked on a wide range of client projects covering diverse topics including supplier market entry, business case development and appraisal of storage and other ‘flexible’ assets, private wire and network arrangements, unidentified gas, Power Purchase Agreement market landscape appraisal
- Represented consumers on the BSC and UNC Panels
- Is co-chair of our monthly Independent Supplier Forum meetings
- Driven major commercial due diligence for an institutional investor
Specialist areas: Regulation, retail market entry, retail market competition, network charging and governance, market design, low-carbon support scheme, emerging market trends.