Cornwall Insight has extensive experience in providing both buy and sell-side investment due diligence in renewables, flexible generation assets, conventional fossil fuel assets, metering portfolios, energy services and retail businesses. We are a trusted partner to some of the industry’s most prolific investors. We work with major investors, including Equitix, Foresight, Tiger Infrastructure, i3, Aksiom and others. Recent transactions we have supported include:
- Aksiom and Ara Partners acquisition of Anesco, a major a UK-based solar and battery developer and engineering, procurement and construction company, for which we provided long-term power price forecasts, analysis of the current and potential future size of the solar PV market in GB, and red-flag regulatory review
- Tiger Infrastructure’s acquisition of the Forsa distribution flexible power generation platform and team. We provided revenue backcasting and forecasting, policy and regulatory review and Power Purchase Agreement analysis
- Foresight Metering Management Ltd’s sale to Arcus Investments, for which we provided sell-side due diligence support. We delivered commercial and technical analysis for this successful transaction, including supporting the investment memorandum review, creating commercial and technical VDD reports, and providing expert input into investor meetings
- Equitix’s acquisition of MapleCo, a major metering business in the UK. The buy-side due diligence includes assessments of the future for smart metering, analysis of major policy, regulatory and commercial risks, and support at expert and management meetings
- Sell-side support for a domestic supplier investment, for which we provided retail market intelligence, data sets and benchmarks to support an investment in a fast-growing independent supplier with a focus on electric vehicles and batteries
Quality of the service is excellent. A pleasure to deal with the Cornwall Insight team – professional, friendly, and clear. They explained things well, and were adaptable in order to meet our timeframe.