This course will be held over three days in two-hour sessions.
Getting to grips with the GB electricity market can be a daunting task. There is a wealth of information available, but recognising how the pieces fit together can be tough. Understanding today’s GB electricity market will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the electricity sector value chain and the rules and incentives that underpin the commercial landscape.
Areas of focus
- market design and frameworks
- interactions between wholesale and retail markets
- system balancing and trading principles
- political influences
- legal and regulatory frameworks
- costs and charges
- possible future directions for the industry
- those relatively new to the industry (1-5 years experience) looking for a deeper understanding
- those working in the energy industry who have limited knowledge of electricity markets
- those working for companies that support the energy industry