Balancing Mechanism - commercial opportunities
Price - £595(+VAT)
This course explains the detailed operation of the Balancing Mechanism – the tool used by the Electricity System Operator (ESO) to help manage GB electricity supply and demand. Our experts will explain the processes, challenges, and revenues for parties participating in the Balancing Mechanism. The session also introduces ‘Project TERRE, and the changing landscape for Balancing Services contracts and how all balancing charges incurred by the ESO are recovered via Balancing Services Use of System (BSUoS) and imbalance charges via the electricity settlement process.
Who’s it for?
- Generator and storage asset operators
- Electricity suppliers
- Developers and investors
- Aggregators and offtakers
What does it cover?
- Role of the Electricity System Operator
- Walk through of the Balancing Mechanism
- Latest on Project TERRE
- Balancing Services contracts
- Single Imbalance Price (SIP) creation and settlement
Discounts are available for multiple bookings, please contact Emily at email@example.com to book this course or for more information.