Flexibility Fundamentals in the NEM
The Australian electricity market is currently undergoing significant change, through a combination of fossil fuel plant closures and new renewables being built, as a result of this new revenues and opportunities are developing for flexibility providers.
This one-day course focuses on the National Electricity Market (NEM) and introduces the key principles, definitions, concepts, and requirements for the procuring and provision of services to ensure the electricity system is sufficiently flexible to ensure security of supply.
The course is led by two Cornwall Insight market experts and will help demystify the role and requirements for flexibility, how business cases can be developed and future considerations such as emerging technologies, the network access review (COGATI) and interconnection.
Who’s it for?
- Investors and developers
- Energy generators (renewables and fossil fuels)
- Storage and Demand Side service providers
- Energy retailers
What does it cover?
- Explanation of flexibility and the scale of the requirement/ opportunity
- Flexibility revenue streams and business cases
- How different technologies can offer flexibility
- Future challenges and opportunities
- Regulatory reviews and rule changes
- Case studies and exercises
A$995 + VAT
A$895 Early Bird
Discounts are available for multiple bookings, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.