GB Gas Markets: From Here to 2030
The net zero emission target and future energy supply and demand scenarios all point to the future of the GB gas sector being very uncertain. From being a fuel that provides most of our heating requirements and the single largest share of electricity generation, the future for the sector presents considerable opportunities and challenges.
This one-day training session will unpack the latest on policy developments that impact on the gas market and how market conditions may change for existing parties, be they suppliers, shippers, or network companies.
Attendees will participate in group exercises to highlight the trade-offs required in the longer-term to deliver carbon emission reductions from gas usage at reasonable costs and the market and existing gas network implications of two future gas scenarios with a higher or low/no gas consumption.
- Those in the gas sector needing to understand how market change is likely to impact on strategic and commercial conditions.
- Those working for companies that support those in the energy industry and needing a grounding in how the sector is likely to evolve and implications for those currently active in the market.
Areas of focus
- Net zero emission policy and how this relates to the gas sector.
- Future supply and demand scenarios
- Known change programmes for the sector and their likely impacts
- Insights on the costs, viability and required market frameworks for hydrogen, biogas, electrification, and Carbon Capture Usage and Storage
- Future use of gas networks
135-137 Aldersgate Street
£595 + VAT
Discounts are available for multiple bookings, please contact Emily at email@example.com for more information.Book this gb course