GB Gas Markets: From Here to 2030
Update please be aware of changes to our public courses
Covid-19 is understandably occupying widespread attention. To ensure the welfare of our customers, our employees and their families, this training course will now be held remotely. We are highly experienced at delivering remotely as they have formed part of our existing services for many years. You can join the course via any device with access to the internet and a browser. The sessions will be fully interactive, and you can ask our trainers questions via a device microphone, or type questions and comments.
You can still book on to any of our courses like normal, and once your booking is complete, you will receive an email link to join
The net zero emission target and future energy supply and demand scenarios all point to the future of the GB gas sector being very uncertain. From being a fuel that provides most of our heating requirements and the single largest share of electricity generation, the future for the sector presents considerable opportunities and challenges.
This one-day training session will unpack the latest on policy developments that impact on the gas market and how market conditions may change for existing parties, be they suppliers, shippers, or network companies.
Attendees will participate in group exercises to highlight the trade-offs required in the longer-term to deliver carbon emission reductions from gas usage at reasonable costs and the market and existing gas network implications of two future gas scenarios with a higher or low/no gas consumption.
- Those in the gas sector needing to understand how market change is likely to impact on strategic and commercial conditions.
- Those working for companies that support those in the energy industry and needing a grounding in how the sector is likely to evolve and implications for those currently active in the market.
Areas of focus
- Net zero emission policy and how this relates to the gas sector.
- Future supply and demand scenarios
- Known change programmes for the sector and their likely impacts
- Insights on the costs, viability and required market frameworks for hydrogen, biogas, electrification, and Carbon Capture Usage and Storage
- Future use of gas networks
£595 + VAT
Discounts are available for multiple bookings, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.