Introduction to gas & electricity wholesale trading
Price: £595 + VAT
Wholesale trading is at the heart of the GB market structure. As wholesale markets become more volatile with a changing generation mix and the impacts of international markets, there has never been a more important time to understand the fundamentals that underpin trading rules and the commercial behaviours that players in the market take.
This course explains how trading strategies are shaped to mitigate risks and the range of contractual routes to execute trades. Our experts present example trading strategies for different types of market participant and discuss the emerging market and regulatory changes and trends.
- Energy traders and pricing analysts
- Investors and developers needing an understanding of how energy is valued and traded
- Offtakers and electricity suppliers
- Legal advisors
Areas of focus
- Overall market design
- Wholesale price trends and why parties are incentivised to trade
- Overview of the key players in traded markets
- Understanding routes to market
- Typical trading “products” and how participants use them
- Risk management