Tomorrow's GB Electricity Markets - the Journey to Net Zero
The electricity sector must undergo radical changes if net zero emission targets are to be met in just over 30 years. This one-day training session will unpack scenarios of future generation and demand to give expert insight on the challenges these present for market and regulatory arrangements.
Our experts will detail current policy and regulatory change programmes to move the market towards lower emissions in the coming years and use group exercises to highlight the trade-offs required in the longer-term to deliver new investment, fair consumer markets and adequate protection of vulnerable consumers.
Throughout the session, we will be setting out how market conditions may change for existing parties, be they suppliers, network companies, flexibility providers or generators.
- Those in the electricity sector needing to understand how market change is likely to impact on strategic and commercial conditions.
- Those working for companies that support those in the energy industry and needing a grounding in how the sector is likely to evolve and implications for those currently active in the market.
Areas of focus
- Net zero emission policy and how this relates to the electricity sector
- Future supply and demand scenarios
- Known change programmes for the sector and their likely impacts
- Detailed insight on the pros and cons of alternative approaches to encourage investment in new capacity
135-137 Aldersgate Street
£595 + VAT
Discounts are available for multiple bookings, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Book this gb course