Cornwall Insight is a leader in research, analysis, consulting, and training in the energy markets, and we are seeking an experienced Energy Consultant to join our GB Consultancy team.
You will lead and support consultancy projects, developing analysis and conveying insights to enhance clients’ decision-making to operate at the sector’s forefront. You will also identify new opportunities to upsell current products and implement new products across Cornwall Insight’s suite of services.
The role will involve working with generators, developers, network operators, regulator, government, and retailers. Experience of gas networks and/or hydrogen will be beneficial.
This position involves working to tight timescales and multi-tasking to ensure all projects are managed to a high-quality standard. The work is diverse and allows you to be at the forefront of change in the energy sector.
Example of projects include:
- Commercial support: advising our clients on new market entry, growth opportunities and commercial models.
- Regulatory change: advising our clients on new and changing regulation as well as designing and implementing systems and processes to support their regulatory requirements.
- Network charging: inform customers of key changes to network charging that will impact their existing assets or business strategy.
- Energy policy: analysing the likely impact of different regulations and financial incentives on future investment and plant retirements.
- Research: analyse companies, trends, and industries
Members of the Consulting team also have the opportunity to deliver public and bespoke training courses on the GB energy market to provide learning that covers both theory and practice to our clients.
- Educated to degree level – ideally a technical or engineering background with a desire to use technical expertise and knowledge to inform commercial, policy and regulatory developments.
- Experience of hydrogen and/or gas networks would be of particular interest.
- 5+ years of experience.
- Excellent written English and Microsoft Package experience.
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information.
- Strong initiative, self-motivation, and time management skills.
- Ability to deliver client work efficiently to externally driven deadlines.
- Proven track record in leading on multi-discipline projects
- Portfolio of potential customers with interest in projects and consultancy within the energy market.
- Ability to multi-task, working on several projects at any given time.
- Ability to understand and assimilate sales strategies and client propositions.
- Proactive and highly motivated to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Project management qualifications (e.g. Prince2) and experience (desirable).
We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Great British, Irish, and Australian energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for 2019, 2020 and 2021 in the Energy, Utilities & Environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin, and Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
The Cornwall Insight Group believes that by reducing the energy market’s complexity, we can expedite our planet’s transition to net zero and help to avert the climate crisis. To achieve this, we provide insights on the energy market from wholesale, retail, regulatory and policy perspectives to our clients, facilitating informed business decisions.
The GB Consultancy team provide a seamless range of advisory, research and bespoke consulting services to support organisations through their business and financial planning, strategy development, commercial/regulatory due diligence, policy design, risk management and regulatory assessments.
We are independent experts across borders and markets, trusted by clients for our unrivalled insight.
We have offices in Norwich and London with the flexibility of home working if preferred.
Why should you apply?
In addition to a competitive salary, our standard benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing by 1 day per year up to 5 years.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Company share scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Private medical healthcare
Cornwall Insight is a great place to continue your career, and we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop. You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry. We offer a flexible and agile way of working. We offer great benefits and industry-related pay.
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and CV.