Cornwall Insight is a leader in research, analysis, consulting, and training in the energy markets, and we are seeking a Bid Manager to join our Consultancy team based in Norwich.
We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Great British, Irish, and Australian energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for 2019, 2020 and 2021 in the Energy, Utilities & Environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin, and Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
The Cornwall Insight Group believes that by reducing the energy market’s complexity, we can expedite our planet’s transition to net zero and help to avert the climate crisis. To achieve this, we provide insights on the energy market from wholesale, retail, regulatory and policy perspectives to our clients, facilitating informed business decisions.
We are independent experts across borders and markets, trusted by clients for our unrivalled insight.
We are looking for an experienced Bid Writer/ Bid Manager to join the consulting team in GB. You will work closely with a talented team of 15 consultants to lead consulting bids for the public sector and other clients, including government department, regulators, network companies, local authorities, and a range of other organisations.
The ideal person for this role will have industry-relevant experience and a track record of targeting and winning bids, frameworks, and projects.
In addition to a competitive salary, our standard benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing by 1 day per year up to 5 years.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Company share scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Private medical healthcare
The Bid Manager will manage all of the open procurement consulting project bids for Cornwall Insight UK. This includes all of the procurements arising through OJEU and Government Catalogues and strategic proposals to existing clients.
A vacancy exists for an experienced Bid Manager/ Bid Writer to develop and co-ordinate bids for our public sector clients.
Reporting to the Managing Consultant, the Bid Manager will work closely with the GB consulting team and the wider teams to produce excellent quality bids.
This role involves working to tight timescales and multi-tasking to ensure all bids are managed to a high-quality standard.
The primary objectives of the Bid Manager’s role are to:
- Manage multiple concurrent bids, ensuring Cornwall Insight bid documents are of a consistently high standard and are consistent, compelling and compliant, meeting all legal, commercial and technical requirements.
- Lead public sector bids, developing win themes, analysing competitive information and ensuring the win themes are articulated in the bid.
- Co-ordinate bid reviews to the appropriate level, ensuring all bids are comprehensively reviewed at each stage in the process.
- Identify and mitigate risk, ensuring a risk register is produced for submission to Senior Management.
Duties and responsibilities:
Managing the bid process by working with consultants in the identification and formation of bid teams, assigning responsibilities and timescales for each element of the required response
- Ensuring all bids have a formal kick-off meeting, with responsibilities and timescales documented and agreed and to ensure the sales messages and approach are understood by all members of the team.
- Leading win theme and shaping sessions for each bid, ensuring these are communicated throughout the Cornwall Insight proposition.
- Progress co-ordination of input for bids from subject matter experts within the business.
- Ensuring Cornwall Insight is on the relevant frameworks for public procurement.
- Adding value to bids by improving the quality of the written response, ensuring the appropriate sales messages are contained and that the bid is complete and meets all legal, commercial and technical requirements.
- Arranging team reviews for all major opportunities, ensuring each team meets the required timescales and produces the appropriate standard of information for the others to review.
- Recording the status of bids at all stages in the bid process within our CRM.
- Constantly monitor and assess the bid process, identifying areas for improvement in terms of quality, time and effort, collating feedback from clients and prospects on the quality and applicability of bids submitted, identifying areas of strength and weakness and feeding this information back to the consulting team to improve the quality of future bids.
- Be a recognised expert in the bid process, Cornwall Insight offerings to market, strategy and direction and internal processes and procedures.
Providing constructive feedback to the teams on their involvement in consulting bid writing, as appropriate.
- To develop a library of Cornwall Insight bid information and authoring of reusable content for inclusion in bids, including the production of standard proposals and repeatable proposition information.
We have offices in Norwich and London with the flexibility of working from home if preferred.
Why should you apply?
- Excellent written English and Microsoft Package experience.
- Experience co-ordinating people and teams.
- Ability to manage deadlines and tight timescales.
- Ability to multi-task, working on several projects at any given time.
- Ability to understand and assimilate sales strategies and client propositions.
- Experience in the OJEU procurement process.
- Proactive and highly motivated to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills.
- Knowledge of the energy industry.
- Experience working in the energy sector.
- Degree level of education.
- Project management qualifications (e.g. Prince2) and experience.
Cornwall Insight is a great place to continue your career; we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop. You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry. We offer a flexible and agile way of working. We offer great benefits and industry-related pay.
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your covering letter and CV.