We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Great British, Irish and Australian energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for 2019, 2020 & 2021 in the Energy, Utilities & Environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin & Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
The Cornwall Insight Group believes that by reducing the complexity of the energy market, we can expedite our planet’s transition to net zero and help to avert the climate crisis. To achieve this, we provide insights on the energy market from wholesale, retail, regulatory and policy perspectives to our clients, facilitating informed business decisions.
The GB Consultancy team provide a seamless range of advisory, research and bespoke consulting services to support organisations through their business and financial planning, strategy development, commercial/regulatory due diligence, policy design, risk management and regulatory assessments.
We are independent experts across borders and markets, trusted by clients for our unrivalled insight.
We are looking for a Managing Consultant (GB Consultancy). You will lead a talented team of 15 consultants and analysts to deliver clear, relevant, actionable and commercially valuable services to our customers. In addition to a competitive salary, our standard benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing by 1 day per year up to 5 years.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service Benefit
- Company share scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare
Leading the Consultancy team who leverage our insight and knowledge to deliver clear, relevant, actionable, and commercially valuable services to our customers. Our breadth of activity delivers an incredible opportunity for those with a hunger to stretch and develop- you will get to work with developers, retailers, end-users, flexibility providers, third-party intermediaries, suppliers, investors, regulators, government, and network companies.
Our consulting team have a wide range of experience in the energy sector. They support our customer’s needs by working as a cohesive consulting team and also leveraging the huge asset of CI’s wider research and analysis capabilities.
The role holder will be working in a diverse range of sectors, with excellent colleagues and customers, and on issues at the forefront of change in the energy sector.
Expected KPIs for the role include:
People – “put people first”.
- Deliver a sector-leading GB consultancy team in existing and new areas.
- Line management and career progression of GB consultancy team
- Succession planning and activity distribution
Relationships – “Engage, listen and respond”.
- Business development and building relationships with new and existing customers for repeatable work.
- Manage pipeline and success rate.
- Developing and adapting offering based on customer feedback.
- Develop working relationships with other Cornwall Insight offices and consultancy teams.
Innovation – “Test, learn and improve.
- Develop GB consultancy into new areas and regions.
- Offer different commercial models and support to customers.
Delivery – “Own results”
- Meet revenue targets for GB consultancy.
- Support wider subscriptions and training business.
Efficiency – “Make space to grow”.
- Ensure high proposal conversion to
- Lead adoption of CRM and tools to manage and report on projects.
This role will be based in either Norwich or London with the flexibility of working from home if preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
- You are Degree educated (Undergraduate required, Masters desirable) – economics, energy-related, business management, or similar.
- Experience of leading and managing a consultancy team.
- Recognised expert in the energy sector.
- Demonstrated success in project and process management in team-oriented environments.
- Line management experience, coaching skills and developing team members – wanting to develop others.
- Ability to analyse, interpret, and derive insight from complex quantitative data and information.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with technical and non-technical team members.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, and desire to grow the business.
- Excellent communication
- A desire to question and the ambition to develop.
- A burning desire to be a sector-leading expert that customers call first.
- Achieving goals and delivering results motivates you and you are adaptable.
- Cornwall is a great place to continue your career, we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop.
- You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry.
- We offer a flexible and agile way of working.
- We offer great benefits and industry-related pay.
- To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and CV.