Cornwall Insight is a leader in research, analysis, consulting, and training in the energy markets, and we are seeking a Principal Consultant to join our Consultancy team based in Dublin.
The Principal Consultant will lead and support consultancy projects, develop analysis and convey insights to enhance clients’ decision-making. You will also support the origination of new consulting work.
You will be expected to lead subject matter expertise related activity in the consulting team within Cornwall Insight. This will involve working with generators, developers, network operators, the Irish regulator, government, and retailers. Previous experience of gas networks will also be beneficial for this role.
You will be required to lead and support the execution of new and existing consultancy projects, ensuring they are delivered professionally to the customers’ requirements, on budget and in time. You will also identify new opportunities to upsell current products and implement new products from across Cornwall Insight’s suite of services.
In supporting the origination of consulting work, this will include meeting potential customers, attending and speaking at industry events, building external networks, and effectively communicating with new business prospects by email, telephone, and face to face.
You will have strong presentation skills, which will enable them to present solutions to clients. You should be comfortable conducting research and analysis to establish a good understanding of the business at hand.
Successful candidates will work in a dynamic and demanding yet supportive environment. They will enjoy autonomy, the opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector and grow their expertise further with guidance and support.
Duties and responsibilities:
Example of projects include:
- Commercial support: advising our clients on new market entry, growth opportunities and commercial models.
- Investment appraisal: modelling market revenues for various classifications of generation assets.
- Regulatory change: advising our clients on new and changing regulation as well as designing and implementing systems and processes to support their regulatory requirements.
- Network charging: inform customers of key changes to network charging that will impact their existing assets or business strategy.
- Energy policy: analysing the likely impact of different regulations and financial incentives on future investment and plant retirements.
- Research: analyse companies, trends, and industries.
We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Great British, Irish, and Australian energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for 2019, 2020 and 2021 in the Energy, Utilities & Environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin, and Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
Cornwall Insight has been operating from Dublin since 2018. Our clients are varied and diverse, from generators, retailers, network operators, regulatory bodies, government, investors to other advisory firms.
In an increasingly complex and volatile energy sector we strive to help clients make informed decisions, offering data-driven independent analysis and advice. We are fiercely objective and aim to make a difference by communicating complex concepts in a clear, concise, and unbiased manner.
By living and breathing the details, policies and regulations that define Ireland’s energy market our local analysts and consultants are at the cutting edge of market expertise and experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, our standard benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing by 1 day per year up to 5 years.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Company share scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Private medical healthcare
Our office is in Dublin with the flexibility of working from home if preferred.
Why should you apply?
- You have around 10 years of experience within the energy sector, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience of the Irish market.
- You are able to collect, analyse and interpret complex quantitative data and information.
- You show strong initiative, self-motivation, and time management skills.
- You can deliver client work efficiently to externally driven deadlines.
- We offer you an exciting opportunity to contribute to building and shaping an exciting business in Ireland within a passionate, diverse, and driven team.
Cornwall Insight is a great place to continue your career; we are dedicated to helping you grow and develop. You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry. We offer a flexible and agile way of working. We offer great benefits and industry-related pay.
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your covering letter and CV.