Reporting and Product Developer
We are pre-eminent providers of research, analysis, consulting and training to businesses and stakeholders across the Great British, Irish, and Australian energy markets, recognised by the Financial Times as a leading management consultancy for both 2019 & 2020 in the Energy, Utilities & environment Sector. You can find us in London, Norwich, Dublin & Melbourne, offering an agile way of working and putting our people at the very heart of everything we do.
The Cornwall Insight Group believes that by reducing the complexity of the energy market, we can expedite our planet’s transition to net zero and help to avert the climate crisis. To achieve this, we provide insights on the energy market from wholesale, retail, regulatory and policy perspectives to our clients, facilitating informed business decisions.
Our Data and Model analytics team support core services in providing data, analytics and designing, creating, implementing forecast models.
We are independent experts across borders and markets, trusted by clients for our unrivalled insight.
The role is within the Data and Model analytics team and involves contributing to various stages of data management, data utilization and data integration. The role also focuses on data reporting and taking conceptual model designs to develop user friendly forecasting and digital analytics tools that we use to model the energy market.
The purpose of the role is to create an efficient flow of data and analytics within the organization and create a stable foundation to enable future growth opportunities in a digitalized environment. In addition to a competitive salary, our standard benefits include:
- 25 days holiday per annum, increasing by 1 day per year up to 5 years (pro-rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Death in service Benefit
- Company share scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Managing parameters to provide fast query responses, implementing changes, and applying new coding when required
- In order to facilitate the data integration, the role will include enabling data distribution to the right users, in the appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Create tools by considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users to view and utilize data and output reports
- Use API’s to link SQL to external data and existing forecasting tools
- Refine the logical design of existing models
- Build and deliver remediation of models to create efficiency using automation and data integration
- Build new analysis tools by taking conceptual designs and prototypes and converting them into tools that can be used by the wider team for forecasting
- Determine, enforce, and document database policies, procedures, and standards
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Support junior analysts in developing coding and database training and support.
- Supporting other members of the team with maintenance and data collection.
This role will be based in Norwich or London offices with the flexibility of working from home if preferred.
Why Should You Apply?
- You have proven work experience as a Developer with a good understanding of data management
- You have experience within the energy industry
- Previous experience within DBA tools (frontend/backend) and third party-party tools
- You are familiar with using different methods to collate data, including API’s and have experience in managing large amount of data
- Familiarity with design, development, documentation, and coding
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Tools and system development experience in order to lead development for the business
- Experience in transitioning new tools into an office environment
- Good organisational skills, a creative approach to problem solving and the ability to think algorithmically
- Good communication, teamwork, and negotiation skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Educated to degree level
- Demonstrable experience in query optimization, creation of stored routines, automation, performance tuning, analytics and reporting and front-end development. (essential)
- Proven experience in the creation of tools and system development (essential)
- Excellent knowledge of SQL, VBA, C#, Excel and excel data processing skills (essential)
- Excellent written communication skills (essential)
- Ability to work independently or collaborate with wider teams (essential)
- Well-developed research, numerical and analytical skills (essential)
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines (essential)
- You will enjoy interesting and challenging projects, working with the very best talent in our industry.
- We offer a flexible and agile way of working.
- We offer great benefits and industry related pay.
To apply for this role please email email@example.com with your covering letter and CV.