Senior Modelling Consultant
- Phone: +44 (0) 1603 542150
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom is a Senior Modelling Consultant at Cornwall Insight, with nine years’ experience in the market. His role involves focusing on regulation, network charging, balancing services, the wholesale market and the Capacity Market.
Tom has been a member of the BSC panel since 2016, and is interested in making the electricity industry more transparent and increase the availability of data to encourage the transition to net zero. He has been a member of the workgroups developing project TERRE, balancing reform, Network Access reform and BSUoS reform.
Key projects and experience include:
- strategy development for generators
- transactional support for developers
- a report on credit and collateral across the GB energy markets
- wholesale market forecasts
- capacity market forecasts
- balancing services revenue forecasts
Tom has used agent based simulations, monte-carlo methods and business models to successfully deliver projects to customers. Tom has experience using C#, Unity, Plexos, Access, SQL, PowerBI and Excel.
Tom has appeared in national newspapers and national news programs discussing Capacity Market results, the 9 August 2019 blackout and nuclear power.