The UK aims to cement its position as a leading green financial hub ahead of COP26. But how does the UK landscape compare globally? How effective are its policies? And what more is needed to stimulate the green economic recovery?
Marking the launch of a new report from Cornwall Insight and TLT, this webinar will bring together experts in greening finance and financing green to discuss the significant changes in the energy and financial sectors. Panellists will discuss some of the issues raised in the report, assessing what this could mean for businesses, individuals and society as the UK aims to mainstream green finance.
- Dan Atzori, Research Partner, Cornwall Insight
The panel includes:
- Emma Harvey, Director, Green Finance Institute
- Natalya Tueva, Director of Sustainable Finance, SMBC
- Guy Lavarack, Investment Director – Head of Energy, Blackfinch
- Imogen Benson, Associate, TLT
- Robin Penfold, Partner, TLT
- Maria Connolly, Partner, TLT (chair)
TLT partner, Maria Connolly, will be putting questions to our expert panel, and we invite you to submit your own questions during the event.
The panel will discuss the latest developments and look ahead to what more is needed across a range of topics, including:
- The ambitious policy and regulatory frameworks needed to achieve net zero by 2025
- Making mandatory climate-related disclosures credible, meaningful and useful
- EU and UK taxonomies
- Growing supply and demand for sustainability-linked products
- The need for a sector-based approach to the green finance market
- The urgent need to attract significant amounts of private capital into renewable energy and sustainable infrastructure, and where this might come from
- Potential business models and revenue streams for hard to abate sectors such as heat and mobility.
Following the webinar, we will share our report for you to download.