This course runs across four days
- Session 1: 16 April 2024 10am – 12pm
- Session 2: 17 April 2024 10am – 12pm
- Session 3: 18 April 2024 10am – 12pm
- Session 4: 19 April 2024 10am – 12pm
As our electricity system continues to decarbonise and adapt to the electrification of heat and transport, new revenues and opportunities exist for flexibility providers. The ‘Flexibility academy’ introduces the key principles, concepts, and requirements for the procurement and provision of response and reserve services by the Electricity System Operator. Our experts will also introduce access and revenue opportunities from Balancing Mechanism participation.
Our experts will demystify how balancing services are evolving to meet the challenge of a more decentralised and low-carbon electricity system, recent outturn value trends, and the type of assets featuring in flexibility markets.
- Energy generators
- Storage and demand-side response (DSR) service providers
- Investors and developers
- Energy suppliers
Learning and development objectives
- The key services required under each of the basket of reserve, response and Balancing Mechanism opportunities
- An overview of the current and proposed procurement processes for services offered by the Electricity System Operator
- How values realised for services have changed and the type of assets delivering flexibility services
- The outlook for flexibility markets as Distribution System Operator services are developed
What you can expect
- Learning delivered by Cornwall Insight’s market experts
- Delegates will receive soft copies of the materials presented by our market
- Pre-course materials, including an industry glossary and short primers
- Case studies and interactive tools to reinforce learning
To book this course please click the ‘Book now’ button and fill in your details. A member of the Training Team will then get in contact to arrange payment.