The next course runs across two days.
- Session 1: 10 May, 2023 10am – 12pm
- Session 2: 11 May, 2023 10am – 12pm
Essential training for anyone new to the Irish electricity markets. Designed to benefit all professional and academic roles where a basic understanding of the Irish electricity markets is needed to help you be more effective in your role.
Our experts will explain the structure, key players and authorities in the Single Electricity Market (SEM) and how the retail and wholesale markets operate, and key policy programmes aimed at decarbonising the sector. We also delve into the SEM competitive trading arrangements and role of the System Operator to ensure supply and demand is balanced.
The online session delivers a mix of lecture-style learning, case studies and worked examples to reinforce learning.
- Those starting a career in the electricity markets
- Those entering the sector from another industry who need an end to end view of the electricity markets
- People supporting and advising those in the energy industry
Learning and development objectives
- How the electricity markets are structured and the role of key market authorities
- How competitive electricity markets are designed to deliver good consumer outcomes
- How energy policy programmes are designed to decarbonise the sector and how costs are recovered from customers
- Who the key players in the retail and wholesale markets are
- Where we get our gas and electricity from and implications for market prices
- The principles for regulating energy networks and how these flow through to charges for users
What you can expect
- Delegates will receive soft copies of the materials presented by our market experts
- Learning delivered by Cornwall Insight’s market experts
- Case studies and interactive tools to reinforce learning