Essential training for anyone new to the GB energy markets. Designed to benefit all professional and academic roles where a basic understanding of GB gas and electricity market functioning is needed to make you more effective in your role.
Our experts will explain how the retail and wholesale markets operate, key policy programmes aimed at decarbonising the sector, and how network infrastructure is regulated and charged for.
The online session delivers a mix of lecture-style learning, case studies and worked examples to reinforce learning.
- Those starting a career in the energy industry
- Those entering the sector from another industry who need an end to end view of the gas and electricity markets
- People supporting and advising those in the energy industry
Learning and development objectives
- How the gas and electricity markets are structured and the role of key market authorities
- How competitive gas and electricity markets are designed to deliver good consumer outcomes
- How energy policy programmes are designed to decarbonise the sector and how costs are recovered from customers
- Who the key players in the retail and wholesale markets are
- Where we get our gas and electricity from and implications for market prices
- The principles for regulating energy networks and how these flow through to charges for users
What you can expect
- Delegates will receive soft copies of the materials presented by our market experts
- Learning delivered by Cornwall Insight’s market experts
- Pre-course materials, including an industry glossary and short primers
- Case studies and interactive tools to reinforce learning
- Post-course online ‘ask the experts’ session