This is essential learning to understand the commercial landscape for low carbon generation. Our industry experts will set out the scale of the investment challenge in terms of the amount of new capacity required to meet a net zero emissions target for 2050 and the business models in play today that have called forward new developments.
We will explain how the key GB subsidy schemes, the Renewables Obligation, Feed-in Tariffs and Contract for Difference, operate and flows revenue from consumers to the 40GW+ of capacity operating within the schemes.
Our market experts will also introduce the key terms and structure of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and other variants, including CPPA and Utility PPAs and their bankability and interaction with financing structures.
- Project developers and investors
- Flexible generation, storage and renewables generators
- Offtakers and electricity suppliers
- Legal advisors
Learning and development objectives
- A high-level understanding of the key routes to market for low-carbon generation
- Key terms within PPAs and other offtake arrangements
- How subsidy schemes flow revenue from consumers via suppliers to generators
- The commercial opportunities and challenges for low carbon generators
What you can expect
- Delegates will receive soft copies of the materials presented by our market experts
- Learning delivered by Cornwall Insight’s market experts
- Pre-course materials, including an industry glossary and short primers
- Case studies and interactive tools to reinforce learning
- Post-course online ‘ask the experts’ session