This course runs across three days:
- Session 1: 10 Jan, 2023 10am – 12pm
- Session 2: 11 Jan, 2023 10am – 12pm
- Session 3: 12 Jan 2023 10am – 12pm
‘This session, part of Cornwall Insight’s ‘Net zero transition’ training series, will unpack the challenge’s scale ahead, current and future policies, and potential decarbonisation trajectories in the low carbon heat sector. We will look at current policies such as the Green Heat Network Fund and key technologies, including heat networks and heat pumps.’
The low carbon heat sector is on the verge of significant policy and regulatory development. Energy demand for heat is an important contributor to UK carbon emissions. For a sector heavily dependent on natural gas to meet current needs, the challenge to hit net zero targets is large. The development of the low carbon heat sector will present opportunities and risks to new and existing energy market players.
Attendees will participate in group exercises to highlight the range of potential technologies deployed to hit or support net zero. Learning will be underpinned by the use of case studies of decarbonising economies and locations.
- Businesses in the energy sector looking to understand the heat landscape and decarbonisation pathways
- Government, policy-makers and regulators looking for an holistic overview of the heat markets, policies and players
- Those working for companies that support those in the energy industry and needing a grounding in how the sector is likely to evolve and implications for those currently active in the market
- Investors, asset providers, and Local Authorities looking to understand the opportunities provided by heat decarbonisation.
Learning & development objectives
- Understand the scale of the challenge to decarbonise the heat sector
- The latest policy and regulatory developments to encourage heat decarbonisation
- The range of pathways to meet net zero heat demand
- Introduction to low carbon heat technologies, including heat pumps, and hydrogen
- Case studies of international comparators
What you can expect
- Delegates will receive soft copies of the materials presented by our market experts
- Learning delivered by Cornwall Insight’s market experts
- Pre-course materials, including an industry glossary and short primers
- Case studies and interactive tools to reinforce learning