Green mortgages have become the poster child of green retail banking products in the UK, but significant barriers remain despite their significant growth in the last 12-18 months.
However, various solutions are being designed in the UK and overseas that could shake up the mortgages market and help increase supply and demand.
- The need to demonstrate the value held in energy-efficient properties
- Barriers for consumers, including a lack of awareness and perceived cost
- Carrot and stick solutions for lenders, including the GFI’s Green Home Finance Principles
- The potential impact of Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) finance in the UK
- How to enable intermediaries to heed the green motivations of borrowers
- How better communications with customers can reduce the risk of greenwashing
- The potential to connect mortgage lending with other ancillary services
Below is a short extract from our full podcast.
To listen to the podcast, click the link below and log in to your account or create a free Cornwall Insight account.