Support for consumers concerned about energy bills

Energy bills remain high and many consumers will have questions on how they can access support and advice.    

Cornwall Insight cannot advise individual consumers on their energy bills, however, below is some information on places you can contact for information and guidance. This includes advice on what to do if you are struggling to pay your energy bills, financial support that may be available to you, solving problems with your energy bills, making your home more energy efficient, and more.

Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice is an independent organisation specialising in confidential information and advice. Their website contains a comprehensive guide to your energy bills, alongside a Q&A on many common energy questions.

As well as advice on their website, you can contact their confidential consumer helpline to speak to an advisor,

Money Saving Expert

Money Saving Expert is a free website founded by Martin Lewis. It provides advice on how you may be able to cut your energy costs, including guides to switching and fixing your bills, alongside other useful information on mythbusting and reducing your energy usage.

National Debtline

National Debtline is a charity which gives free and independent debt advice over the phone and online. If you have concerns about general debt or your energy payments you can access the information here:


Ofgem are the government regulator for energy and gas in Great Britain. Their website contains information on how to make a complaint about your energy supplier or network operator, the price cap, what happens if your supplier goes bust, schemes and benefits to help with home energy use and more.

Contacting your energy supplier

If you have an issue which needs to be solved by your energy supplier such as an incorrect bill or problems with electricity or gas supply, the quickest and easiest way to get in contact is to call them. You will be able to find these details on their website or any recent energy bill.